Partner Visa (Subclass 801)

Visa Services
Visa Services
previous arrow
next arrow

Partner Visa

This visa lets the de facto partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia permanently. It is usually only for people who currently hold a temporary Partner visa (subclass 820).

The 801 Visa

Visa Stream

The 801 visa only has one visa stream. This visa is earmarked for the partner of a permanent visa holder, a citizen or a New Zealand resident. The applicant must have held a temporary partner visa before transferring to the 801 visa.

How to apply?

In order to apply for the 491 Visa you must:

  • Hold a temporary Partner visa (subclass 820).
  • In most cases, continue to be in a married or de facto relationship with your sponsor (the person who holds a permanent visa, an Australian or New Zealand citizen.

What can you do?

With a granted 801 Visa you can:

  • Live, work and study in Australia indefinitely.
  • Sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia.
  • Apply for Australian citizenship if eligible.

The Process

Make your desiered visa a reality with our easy 4-step process. Our expert, registered migration agents will handle all the nitty gritty, just sit back and relax untill a decision is made!

Book A Free Consultation

Commit to AAV

Send Us Your Documents

Visa Application Submitted