There are important steps you must take to apply for the covid visa, you must:
- Apply online
- Be in Australia at the time of applying
- Maintain adequate health insurance during your stay in Australia
Applicants working in a critical sector (agriculture, food processing, health care, aged care, disability care, child care, or tourism and hospitality) must:
- Have evidence from an employer of your employment or an offer of employment and that an Australian citizen or permanent resident cannot fill the position.
- Hold a substantive visa that expires in 90 days or less, or your last substantive visa expired 28 days or less ago
Applicants whose departure is delayed by COVID-19 travel restrictions must:
- Explain why the restrictions prevent your departure.
- Hold a substantive visa that expires in 90 days or less, or your last substantive visa expired less than 28 days ago.